Hail Damage Claims
How a Florida Hail Damage Lawyer Can Help
Experiencing property damage due to a hailstorm can be stressful, but you may be entitled to compensation under your insurance policy. Hail damage can cause significant damage in Florida. The National Weather Service reports that May and June are the most active months for hail in Florida, and research by the Insurance Information Institute found that between the years 2000-2013, U.S. insurance companies paid out over $54 billion on nearly 9 million hail damage claims, with 70% of those claims happening between 2007-2013. Florida is not immune from storms causing substantial damage, and this includes hail storms. With a Florida hail damage lawyer from STRUBLE, P.A. on your claim, we work hard for the best opportunity to recover the full amount of damages that you are entitled to in the restoration of your property to its pre-loss condition.
Your insurance policy helps manage the various risks of property loss associated with your particular type of property. For automobiles, there is car insurance; for homes, there is homeowner insurance. Homeowners insurance generally covers damage to your dwelling and personal property. To support the best outcome in your insurance claim for property damage, it can be helpful to work with an experienced attorney who knows how to fight for what you may be owed.
Hail and Other Property Damage Can Lead to Disputes with Insurance Companies
Putting together a claim for insurance for your property damage oftentimes requires:
- The gathering of evidence to show your damage and prove the value of damage sustained
- The timely filing of the insurance claim with the proper party
- The negotiation of your claim with the insurance company to recover your damages
- If a fair amount is not offered, or if your covered claim is denied, a lawsuit may be necessary.
Working with an experienced property damage lawyer helps make sure that you have the support necessary to fight for complete compensation to repair and restore your property after the damage has occurred.
Reasons Insurance Claims are Denied
If you have experienced property damage as a result of hail and your insurance claim has been delayed, denied, or underpaid, we can offer you help. It can be helpful to ask yourself the following questions:
- What is the value of my insurance claim?
- Has the insurance company acknowledged covered damages?
- What is a reasonable outcome given the circumstances?
- Do I need help with my insurance claim?
Having a Florida hail damage lawyer take the time to review your claim and gather information and evidence may be the assistance you need to achieve a timely and complete resolution.
Some common reasons that insurance companies improperly deny claims include:
- The insurance company determines that there has been no compensable loss or no covered damage where covered damage has been sustained
- The insurance company claims the damages you have experienced are found to be below the policy deductible
- The insurance company claims that your damages are lower than what your claim includes
- The insurance company decides that your loss is excluded from your policy and will not be covered when there are covered portions or coverage can be established
If your insurance claim has been denied, reach out to a Florida hail damage attorney for help in considering what your legal options are. This could include filing a lawsuit to seek the full amount you are entitled to for your claim.
Connect with a Florida Hail Damage Lawyer
An experienced Florida hail damage lawyer from STRUBLE, P.A. is standing by to consult on your case. Contact us online, email us at email@example.com or call us at 321-283-5888 to learn how we can help.